This month brings a fresh start for the year and the beginning of 2019's APSG events. View the details below for information on those events on the horizon as well as ways you can become more involved within the APSG community.
CALL FOR COMMITTEE CHAIRS & VOLUNTEERS
There are currently two opportunities for Committee Chairs within the Executive Committee that governs APSG. We are currently accepting nominations for these positions - as well as volunteers for members willing to contribute their time to specific committees.
Open positions include:
- Membership Committee Chair
- Education Committee Chair
- Education Committee Members*
Please submit applications and/or nominations to the APSG Chair at email@example.com.Membership Committee Chair
The Chair is responsible for managing new applications for membership as well as existing memberships. He or she will also have a hand in organizing APSG's Spring and Fall events.
Education Committee Chair
The Chair is responsible for maintaining connections with the organization's affiliated student chapter(s), providing them guidance and instruction where needed. He or she also has the goal of establishing initiatives to help both members and soon-to-be members alike gain more knowledge of APSG and its founding principles (e.g., geodetics, surveying, Petroleum technology, CEU, etc.) through events like the Esri Petroleum GIS Conference and GIS Day.
Education Committee Members*
To better support the the Education Committee and its efforts, members are needed to reach out to current students and members within APSG to further the committee's initiatives.
The following events are now available on the Events Calendar. Learn more below or explore them here.
- Happy Hour Socials - Networking events scheduled for January, April, July, September, and December 2019. View this month's event now.
- THSOA US Hydro 2019 Conference - Join us March 18 - 20 in Biloxi, MS as we support THSOA's latest event. APSG will have an exhibit at this event; let us know if you are interested in volunteering your time with us there.
- Esri Petroleum GIS Conference - Held from May 15 - 16, a call for volunteers and papers will be released soon for the APSG session at Esri PUG.
- APSG 41 Spring Meeting - Official date TBA.
Download PDF version of these details for distribution.